Job Title: Faculty
Faculty: Internal Verifier
The Internal Verifier (IV) is responsible for the quality assurance of assessment decisions for programs offered within the Technical Studies Division. The IV also undertakes assessment and training where applicable and as directed by the Senior Manager & Quality Assurance and Internal Verification. The IV conducts standardization training sessions with assessors and trainers to ensure a common understanding of the standards underpinning the provision of particular training and in particular as it relates to National Qualifications. The IV develops systems, processes and procedures to support the delivery of training, maintenance of standards and licensure thereby supporting the delivery, assessment and certification of learner achievements as directed. Internal Verifier is not a full-time position.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, or vocational qualification in the required field at a similar level.
IQA (Internal Verifier) Qualifications and Experience Required
Training Certificate or recognized equivalent
Recognized vocational / NVQ assessor qualification plus any one of the following or equivalent:
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- V1 Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of the Assessment Process
- D34 NVQ Internal Verifier Award
- Current or recent work experience within subject area (or)
- Teaching / Assessor specialist in subject area
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two years of successful experience as an Internal Verifier.
- Minimum of two years' experience as an assessor in a training institution or skills body.
- Must be competent in the subject/related occupational area.
- Thorough understanding of internal quality assurance and assessment practices.
- Ability to comprehend quality assurance policies, assessment requirements, award procedures and related documentation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, active listening skills and convincing presentation skills
- Innovative, team player, patient, enthusiastic and people oriented.
- Experience of leadership within a training institution.
- Willingness to travel on behalf of the organizations to assessment sites.
- English language skills equivalent to an IELTS Band 6.5, or above (or native speaker).
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, monitor and evaluate the internal quality assurance and assessment processes conducted to ensure safe, impartial, valid and consistent assessment strategies and decisions to ensure consistency in assessment, paying due attention to the regulations concerning sampling of assessments.
- Provide support and advice to instructors/assessors, monitoring the quality of instructor/assessor performance, arranging assessment validation sessions, ensuring the standardization of assessment and best practice in assessment.
- Validate all processes, ensuring the development of a shared understanding and the maintenance of consistent practice by instructors/assessors as well as managing and ensuring compliance with awarding organization requirements.
- Report on the performance of instructors/assessors against: outcomes of quality assurance, efficiency of the assessment strategies against requirements, and expected outcomes and VETAC-endorsed national occupational skills standards for Assessors.
- Provide instructors/assessors with feedback, advice and support on performance, skills gap and learning needs, standardization activities and continuing professional development activities.
- Ensure the completion, filing and secure storage of evidence relating to internal quality assurance and assessment processes as well as the performance of assessors.
- Assist in the development of programs of learning inclusive of resources, assessment and verification plans so that the division becomes the provider of choice for government entities and others potential customers and maintains accreditation and licensing status.
- Represent the division in a professional manner when participating in relevant committees, and engaging with key stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of a range of marketing and promotional materials pertaining to the programs offered, ensuring that the Centre is represented in a manner consistent with its strategic goals and branding as well as standards set by Awarding Bodies.
- Any other relevant duties assigned.
- Senior Manager-Quality Assurance & Internal Verification
Provides Supervision To
- Instructors and Assessors