Job Title: Faculty / Instructor
Faculty: Assessor (Health Sciences)
An assessor supports and assesses students working towards a vocational qualification within CERT approved RTP training center. It's an assessor’s job to ensure that trainees meet the occupational standards required to achieve their qualifications. Many assessor positions involve both teaching and assessing.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Health Sciences Discipline from an academic accredited institute plus an assessor certificate from an accredited vocational awarding body OR
- Vocational Qualification in the required field in the same level Plus assessor certificate from an accredited vocational
- Practitioner License in any of the Health Services sectors (i.e. licensed GP, Licensed Nurse, Licensed Paramedic, Licensed Pharmacist, etc.)
Skills and Experience
- Two-year experience
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Prior experience in a health services profession.
- Ability to work individually as well as with peers and in teams.
- Able to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Effective communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with learners, staff, IVs, EVs, etc.
- Being able to demonstrate a clear commitment to high standards and the ability to drive continuous improvement
- Up-to-date, broad knowledge of the relevant subject area.
- High organization and documentation skills.
- High level of IT skills including MS Office.
- English language skills equivalent to an IELTS band 6.5, or above (or native speaker).
- Knowledge of Arabic is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
An Assessor in health sciences monitors those taking health vocational qualifications, ensuring they possess the skills and knowledge required for the job.
The job role of an assessor may involve the following duties:
- Planning and delivering vocational training programs and workshops
- Observing and assessing candidates in their workplace
- Interviewing candidates and examining their portfolios of evidence
- Providing feedback and offering advice
- Signing off the assessment reports when all requirements are met
- Keeping records of candidates' progress
- Attending standardization meetings with the IV and trainers.
- Attending meetings with other assessors
- Attending meetings with EVs if required and answering their comments
- Working closely with training staff and candidates' managers
Mail your resume to [email protected]